Alien Interrogation Tape: A Spiritual Critique
In 2019 a video appeared on the internet claiming to be an interrogation with an alien. See reference:
What follows are comparisons between what the alien revealed and what we find in the book A Course in Miracles and other books.
Alien quotes in CAPITAL letters:
E.T.: THE UNIVERSE WAS NOT CREATED
The universe was “made,” not created. There is a difference. (1)
Creation is real and eternal.
“Made” implies a physical, material form which is temporary and can be destroyed.
Like God, we are spirits; eternal – no beginning or end. (2)
(1) Miracles enable you to heal the sick and raise the dead because you made sickness and death yourself, and can therefore abolish both. You are a miracle, capable of creating in the likeness of your Creator. Everything else is your own nightmare, and does not exist. Only the creations of light are real.
– A Course in Miracles, Chapter 1, Sec. 1; Principles of Miracles #24.
(2) The world you see is an illusion of a world. God did not create it, for what He creates must be eternal as Himself. Yet there is nothing in this world that you see that will endure forever.
– Disappearance of the Universe, Gary R. Renard, page 104, quoting from A Course in Miracles.
E.T.: NOTHING, BY DEFINITION, DOES NOT EXIST
The material world is a dream and is not real. It was conjured up in the mind of humans. (3)
This was put forth by enlightened members of our race and many world religions, including Lao-tze, the Bhagavad Gita, Plato, Christ, and the Buddhists, and more recently “A Course in Miracles.”
“Nothing real can be threatened. Nothing unreal exists. Herein lies the peace of God.” (4)
(3) There is no world apart from what you wish, and herein lies your ultimate release. Change but your mind on what you want to see, and all the world must change accordingly. Ideas leave not their source.
– A Course in Miracles , Lesson 132.
(4) – A Course in Miracles , Preface, page x.
E.T.: EXISTENCE IS INFINITE – NO END OR BEGINNING
Only what is infinite is real. All temporary forms are man-made illusions. (5)
(5) You who made delay can leave time behind simply by recognizing that neither beginnings nor endings were created by the Eternal, Who placed no limits on His creation or upon those who create like Him.
– A Course in Miracles , Chapter 11, Sec. 1 paragraph 4.
E.T.: THIS UNIVERSE IS NOT EXISTENCE
This material world is a made-up illusion that you are choosing to believe in. (6)
Eternal reality is spirit based. (7)
(6) What is the lesson for today except another way of saying that to know your Self is the salvation of the world? To free the world from every kind of pain is but to change your mind about yourself. There is no world apart from your ideas because ideas leave not their source, and you maintain the world within your mind in thought.
– A Course in Miracles, Lesson 132, paragraph 10.
(7) Mortal mind subservient to matter is destined to . . . suffer eventual personality extinction; mind yielded to spirit is destined to become increasingly spiritual and ultimately to achieve oneness with the surviving and guiding spirit and in this way to attain survival and eternity of personality existence.
– The Urantia Book, Part I, Paper 1, Section 3, paragraph 7.
E.T.: THIS UNIVERSE IS INDIFFERENT TO SO-CALLED LIFE – BECAUSE IT CAN BE DESTROYED
Most people identify themselves with a body, which is temporary and unreal. Your real identity is as a Child of God which is everlasting. (8)
(8) The “self” that needs protection is not real. The body, valueless and hardly worth the least defense, need merely be perceived as quite apart from you, and it becomes a healthy, serviceable instrument through which the mind can operate until its usefulness is over. Who would want to keep it when its usefulness is done?
– A Course in Miracles, Lesson 135, paragraph 8.
E.T.: YOU ARE NOT CAPABLE OF ACCEPTING
A closed mind is unwilling to accept the reality of the unseen spiritual realms. (9)
(9) Belief is powerful indeed. The thoughts you hold are mighty, and illusions are as strong in their effects as is the truth. A madman thinks the world he sees is real, and does not doubt it. Nor can he be swayed by questioning his thoughts’ effects. It is but when their source is raised to question that the hope of freedom comes to him at last.
– A Course in Miracles, Lesson 132, paragraph 1.
E.T.: THERE IS NO MEANING TO THIS UNIVERSE
All the meaning that you THINK you see in the world is really not there, it is just in your own mind. (10)
(10) You think that what upsets you is a frightening world, or a sad world, or a violent world, or an insane world. All these attributes are given it by you. The world is meaningless in itself.
– A Course in Miracles, Lesson 12.
E.T.: MEANING LIVES IN THE MIND
The world of chaos that we seem to see is really an illusion in the mind of the perceiver. (11)
(11) The world you made is therefore totally chaotic, governed by arbitrary and senseless “laws,” and without meaning of any kind. For it is made out of what you do not want, projected from your mind because you are afraid of it. Yet this world is only in the mind of its maker.
– A Course in Miracles, Chapter 12, Sec. 3, paragraph 9.
E.T.: YOUR SPECIES CONJURS MEANING
Humankind has a split mind. It holds both insane thoughts and the real thoughts co-created with God. (12)
(12) The world is nothing in itself. Your mind must give it meaning. And what you behold upon it are your wishes, acted out so you can look on them and think them real. Perhaps you think you did not make the world, but came unwillingly to what was made already, hardly waiting for your thoughts to give it meaning. Yet in truth you found exactly what you looked for when you came.
There is no world apart from what you wish, and herein lies your ultimate release.
– A Course in Miracles, Lesson 132, paragraph 4.
Vince Migliore is a writer and researcher based in Folsom, California.